Forum Discussion

dieseldigit
Experienced User
2 years ago
Solved

PHASE 2 STP

Could somebody help please...

We use the download software on my desktop for MYOB AccoutRight+ Payroll, I have just received an email from the ATO stating that we are not currently Single Touch Payroll (STP) Phase 2 reporting. If you don’t start STP Phase 2 reporting, penalties may apply.

So I went into the Payroll Reporting system and it states to get ready for STP Phase 2, when I click on the Get started button it states that we'll need to prepare your file to move to STP Phase 2 in the web browser.

My question is we dont function out of the web browser ever - so what does this mean for us as an enterprise?

Thanks Donna

• Hi dieseldigit 

You don't need to use the web browser to access or process transactions in the company file - you can and should (IMHO) use the desktop software. However certain STP related functions can only be completed via the browser. Once done you can go back to using the desktop software for other processing etc.

FYI for STP Phase 2 your company file needs to be online - this is a MYOB directive, not an ATO one. If you are reluctant or unable to store your company file online, many AR2023 users are using STP Creator. This is a Phase 2 compliant STP solution created by another company which allows AR2023 users to report payroll for Phase 2 without needing to put their company file online. Cost is approx $111 per annum for up to 4 employees, $222 for up to 20 etc.

Regards

Gavin

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi dieseldigit 

You don't need to use the web browser to access or process transactions in the company file - you can and should (IMHO) use the desktop software. However certain STP related functions can only be completed via the browser. Once done you can go back to using the desktop software for other processing etc.

FYI for STP Phase 2 your company file needs to be online - this is a MYOB directive, not an ATO one. If you are reluctant or unable to store your company file online, many AR2023 users are using STP Creator. This is a Phase 2 compliant STP solution created by another company which allows AR2023 users to report payroll for Phase 2 without needing to put their company file online. Cost is approx $111 per annum for up to 4 employees, $222 for up to 20 etc.

Regards

Gavin

dieseldigit
      Experienced User

Thanks gavin12345 

All Company files are Online, I managed to work it out so we are all good to go.

Thank you for your time...Donna