Forum Discussion

Sam17
User
3 years ago

Re: YTD Verification Report incorrect 2021-22

Hi There

Also having trouble with STP YTD reports.

Payroll Register and Payroll Activity balance.

YTD balance is incorrect.

Traced it to 2 employee payrun earlier in the year on seperate occassions, however nothing wrong with those pay runs - all reported to ATO correctly.

Have run $0 payrun.

All reports sent and approved by ATO during the year.

All reporting categories correct.

What else can I do?

Tried to send private message - not working.

46 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    MaxxMusic
    Contributing Cover User

I am having a simliar issue, except I have now done 3 zero payruns.. I had already unterminated and made them inactive... And added the "Income Type"...

The total in the top right of the screen is correct (when you add in the unused leave amounts), but the total in the PDF Verification report is out by one whole employee - not a terminated one!!!

Each individual's amount matches summary to the cent, but the total is wrong!

It also isn't showing the ETP deduction from one  terminated employee :( 

Waited on hold yesterday for an hour only to have my call cut off... Got in to work to call at 8am and been on hold since then...

My staff are hassling me!!

mushie73
      User

Maxx Music 

Have you checked the payroll categories for that employee that isn't terminated have been allocated right?

I was on hold for 3 hours and 17 minutes and finally someone picked up.  He suggested that I make all my terminated employees ( I had close to 50 terminated employees!)  active again and take out their termination dates, make sure all the new STP2 payroll categories are all set up properly and then do a $0 pay for all employees.  After having to put in salary and wages (in the taxes area) in many of these terminated employees and find country of origin for some of these employees, I finally did the $0 pay for all employees and all the gross wages and PAYG were back in the the EOFY  Finalisation and it even finally matched the verification report!   Finally..now I have to go and make all nearly 50 employees inactive again and put in their termination dates....not happy MYOB!  You have created a huge headache a lot of extra work for many people! ...and not happy about being on hold for over 3 hours!  Good luck everyone!

MaxxMusic
        Contributing Cover User

mushie73 

Yes, they went through all of that with me today... They couldn't explain it either!!

Where do we put Country of origin? Haven't heard that mentioned yet?

But to top it off.. I just finalized everybody like they told me to and some the amounts changed!!!

So I have now unfinalized and sent another zero payrun and I'm leaving it until they call me back next week about the ETP Tax amounts not showing.

Not happy at all!! This whole process was supposed to make it easier!

John21
    Experienced User

Had the same issue with another software package that we moved to STP2. Our myob is still on STP1 so no issue yet. ATO is apparantly aware of the problems

Word of advice - reconcile the verification report monthly/quartely if you can as you can clean up errors before you face them at year end

GMM
    Cover User

Good Luck Sam,

I've spent over 12 hours, over 3 days trying to talk to someone to rectify this problem. The Help Line is absolutely useless, I was promised 3 callbacks none of which happened. One girl admitted there is a glitch in the system which they try to overcome by this so called 0$ payrun, which also didn't work. There is going to be a massive complaint going to these clowns on Mondfay!!!!!!