Forum Discussion

9 days ago

Reported amount doesn't match myob

I have the situation where my Payroll Register report is correct however my Payroll Activity Report has an extra payment showing for one employee.  How do I remove the extra payment  without reducing the final figure reported to the tax office?

2 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi AliCat1

It sounds like you've got a discrepancy between your Payroll Register and Payroll Activity Report for one employee. Here’s what you can do:

• Firstly, try sending an update event to correct the figures. This should remove the extra payment without affecting your final figures reported to the tax office.

If sending an update event doesn’t change the figures, you can process a separate pay run for the extra amount. Just make sure it falls within the affected payroll year. Keep in mind, this might affect your final figures reported to the ATO, so sending an update event first is your best bet. Just let me know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Doreen

AliCat1
      User

Hi Doreen,

Thank you for your reply, much appreciated.  I did what you suggested, ran the update however it didn't change the figures.  The difference between the payroll register amount and the payroll activity amount is exactly a weeks wages, so I know which employee it is.  I have tried to remove the extra amount however it does affect the reported amount, the reported amount is correct, myob activity amount is incorrect.  Any other suggestions?