Forum Discussion

TriciaWaters's avatar
Experienced User
4 years ago

Reversing a payroll entry

I have processed an employee with the wrong tax amount taken out via AccountRight, Payroll function.  This has been sent to the ATO.  Note that I do not have auto EFT payments set up so the correct a...
  • Tracey_H's avatar
    4 years ago

    Hi TriciaWaters 


    Thanks for your post. To reverse a payroll transaction:


    1. go to Find Transactions, find that pay transaction and open it by clicking on the zoom arrow
    2. click on Edit and select Reverse Transaction


    3. If the pay being reversed is a cheque or electronic payment, a message will be displayed advising it will be recorded as cash. Click Yes to proceed.
    4. Click OK to the following confirmation message:

    5. Click Record to process the reversal.

    6. When prompted to declare the reversal to the ATO, enter the name of the Authorised sender and click Send.

    You can find these step-by-step instructions in this help article: Changing a recorded pay


    Please let me know if you need further help.


    If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.