Forum Discussion

georgieh
Experienced Cover User
6 months ago
Solved

LIne items on payroll entries

Is there a way to remove the line items that come up on an employee's payroll screen?

I have some that have moved from casual to part time, as well as changing our award and the way we run the payroll. As a result, there are over 20 lines on the payroll screen, when all they need is about 5 (see screenshot).

I'd love to clear it to show just what is relevant to that employee at the current time, in order to minimise errors and be able to check the inputs easily.

Thanks!

• Hi georgieh

Thanks for the response.

Apologize for the misunderstanding. May we know if this payroll category has been used before in any of your employees and has been recorded on pay runs? If this isn’t used even once for pay run, the system will allow you to delete/remove it completely. However, if this has been used before, you may check each payroll category and untick this to your employees so that it will not appear on while you’re doing the pay run. To do this you may go to Payroll> Payroll Categories> choose the Payroll Category and click the blue arrow button> click the Employee at the top left> untick those employees not using the payroll category> click Ok. This process will remove those unused categories appearing on the pay run. 

We recommend running a dummy pay to confirm if this is done correctly. Do let us know how it goes and if you need further help. 

Cheers, 

Shella

7 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi georgieh

Thanks for your post.

If these payroll categories were previously used by the employee, the only way we could remove that is by going to the employee card file> payroll details> check the categories you wanted to remove> unticked the show pay on advice tab> click Ok/Save. You may refer to the sample screenshot below:

To make sure it is updated, we recommend trying to run a dummy pay and see if it will show on the pay slip the same as what you have provided. Do let us know how it goes. 

Cheers,
    Shella

Shella_A
      MYOB Moderator

Hi georgieh

Hope this message finds you well. We would like to follow up on your concern. Kindly let us know if you still need further assistance. Don't hesitate to reach out to us. We are delighted to assist you.

Cheers,

Shella

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi georgieh

Hope this message finds you well. Please be informed that we are now closing this case, as we were not able to receive updates. Feel free to start a new post in the future if you encounter any further issues. We're always delighted to assist you.

Cheers,

Shella

georgieh
      Experienced Cover User

Hi there,

This didn't answer my question.

There is no "print on pay advice" button on wages categories, only on superannuation categories.

Further, it is not the Payslip I am trying to amend, but the screen within MYOB when I am running my payroll (please refer to original screenshot showing the many many unused categories that I would like to remove).

Could anyone assist with this?

Thanks

Georgie

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi georgieh

Thanks for the response.

Apologize for the misunderstanding. May we know if this payroll category has been used before in any of your employees and has been recorded on pay runs? If this isn’t used even once for pay run, the system will allow you to delete/remove it completely. However, if this has been used before, you may check each payroll category and untick this to your employees so that it will not appear on while you’re doing the pay run. To do this you may go to Payroll> Payroll Categories> choose the Payroll Category and click the blue arrow button> click the Employee at the top left> untick those employees not using the payroll category> click Ok. This process will remove those unused categories appearing on the pay run. 

We recommend running a dummy pay to confirm if this is done correctly. Do let us know how it goes and if you need further help. 

Cheers, 

Shella