Forum Discussion

BWA1
User
6 months ago
Solved

Same pay item but different rate for each employee.

Hi. I am about to move our business from MYOB Business to AccountRight so we only in the planning stage. We have under 10 casual employees and, for reporting purposes, have around 25 pay items for different tasks that they may perform over a month. Each employee has individually negotiated hourly pay rates. For eg: "Bill" has an hourly rate of $65/hr and "Ted" is $55/hr.

My question is, rather than setting up 25 pay items x 10 employees, eg: Task1-Bill and Task1-Ted, are we able to create a pay item, eg: Task1, and when assigning that item to the employee in their employee- payroll details- salary and wages, set their individual rate for that item, so that when doing a pay run it automatically uses that rate? Currently if I use the same pay item for each employee, I have to go in each time and change the rate for each employee each pay run?

• Hi BWA1

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community Forum. 

I understand that minimizing the number of pay items used can make the information much more organized. You can use one pay item for all the employees if the pay rate for each task is a percentage of their base hourly rate. If it is a fixed rate and a different pay rate for each employee, then it would be a separate pay item for each employee. 

Let us know if you require further clarification or assistance regarding this. We're happy to help. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

3 Replies

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi BWA1

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community Forum. 

I understand that minimizing the number of pay items used can make the information much more organized. You can use one pay item for all the employees if the pay rate for each task is a percentage of their base hourly rate. If it is a fixed rate and a different pay rate for each employee, then it would be a separate pay item for each employee. 

Let us know if you require further clarification or assistance regarding this. We're happy to help. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

BWA1
      User

Thank you for the reply. To clarify. If I have a pay item that all staff do, eg: pay item 1, and the base hourly rate is $50/hr, I set up that pay item at $50/hr and assign it to everyone, but set a % for each individual so that they get their personal rate for that item. A scenario would be employee A is paid $75/hr for pay item 1 and employee B is paid $65 for pay item 1. I assign that pay item to them and individually set their % at 1.5% ($75) and 1.3% ($65).

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi BWA1

Thank you for your response. You're correct, the pay run information is calculated based on the employee's hourly wage, the multiplier in the pay category, and the number of hours listed in the category line item for the pay run.

However, the application has its limitations. If you require a different hourly rate compared to the employee's base hourly rate, you will need to create a new category with a fixed hourly rate for that specific use case.

Alternatively, you can modify the standard pay window information from the employee card. The autofill information when creating a pay run will be based on this window.

Let us know if you need further clarification on this.

Thanks,
        Genreve