Forum Discussion

dee5's avatar
8 months ago

Seperation certificate.

Hi, how do I provide a seperation certificate for an ex employee? 
  • Leneth_A's avatar
    8 months ago

    Hi dee5
    Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. 
    In response to your question, when you terminate an employee in Single Touch Payroll Phase 2, the ATO receives information about the termination date and reason. As a result, a Separation Certificate may not be necessary. Additional details can be found on the ATO website.
    If you need information on Separation certificates or what data is sent to employee myGov accounts, you will need to contact the ATO or Services Australia. 

    Please do not hesitate to post again if you need help in the future. 
    If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.