Forum Discussion

Parul1
Contributing User
2 years ago
Solved

Sick Leave Calculator percentage showing incorrect

Hi 

We are using Account right - updated version. We noticed in entitlement - Sick leave accrual, we have 3.0769%

which calculates to 8 Days of sick leave per year for our staff. Is it supposed to be 3.8462% of gross hours? How come it is not updated automatically?

• Hi Parul1 

Thanks for your post.  As leave entitlements are different for different industries/awards the calculation percentage needs to be manually entered by the employer to ensure they meet their entitlement obligations. The Help Article, Leave and entitlements, has detailed instructions on working out that percentage based on your obligations.

The Help Article, Calculating an entitlement percentage, has a calculator to make this easier.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Parul1 

Thanks for your post.  As leave entitlements are different for different industries/awards the calculation percentage needs to be manually entered by the employer to ensure they meet their entitlement obligations. The Help Article, Leave and entitlements, has detailed instructions on working out that percentage based on your obligations.

The Help Article, Calculating an entitlement percentage, has a calculator to make this easier.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Parul1
      Contributing User

Thanks Tracey for your reply. I will definately have to adjust percentages to 3.8462% in siclk leave entitlements for all my employees and add manually for accrued S/L.  Thanks for your help.

Louise2
      Experienced User

Hi there I have also noticed the same issue, I will have to adjust percentage to 3.8462% in sick leave entitlements and manually add for accrued sick leave, however my question is what is the official date of change this went from 8 days sick leave to 10 sick leave ? So dont know how far back to date ?

thank you 

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi Louise2 

The Fair Work Act 2009 states that employees are entitled to 10 days paid personal leave. If you're not sure I would recommend checking with Fair Work.