Forum Discussion

Connockity
Trusted User
3 years ago
Solved

Problem with MYOB calculating incorrect amount of GST

Hi,

I have a couple of invoices where MYOB has calulated the incorrect amount of GST.

Invoice 1:

The total exc GST is 190.88 and the freight exc GST is $18 = $208.88 exc GST.

Myob has calculated GST of $29.46 - it should be $20.89!!!

Invoice 2:

The total exc GST is $398.36 and freight is $20 = $418.36

Myob has calulated GST of $46.12 instead of $41.84

Can someone help please?

That is a lot to be out and this invoice is in the December quarter and I have a CAS due in a couple of days.

Tracey_H
    3 years ago

Hi Connockity 

Open that item from Inventory>>Items list or by clicking on the blue zoom arrow next to the Item number in that sale transaction.

In the Selling details tab check what has been selected in the Calculate Sales Tax on field. If Base Selling price or a Level is selected tax will be calculated on the Base Selling Price/Level. This is where the Tax Basis figure comes from in the Tax Information window.

If you want GST to calculate on the invoiced amount you need to select Actual selling price in the Calculate Sales Tax on field.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
      Cloud_Mind
      Ultimate Partner

Hi Connockity 

Do you use sales orders i.e. did you convert this from a sales order to a sales invoice at any point?

• Hi Connockity 

Thanks for your post. Can you open the actual sale transaction and click on the blue zoom arrow next to the Tax field. This will open Tax information window which shows how the GST amount was calculated. If the wrong GST amount appears in the Tax field click on Recalculate. Is the GST amount now correct?

If the GST amount is still wrong after recalculating can you please send me a screenshot of the sale transaction and the Tax information window.

Please let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Connockity
      Trusted User

Hi, Tracey,

When I click on the blue arrow I get the GST as 10% and the incorrect amount of GST doesn't change if I click recalculate.

Interesting that there are two columns of amounts - One is headed 'Tax Basis' and one is headed 'Taxable Amount'

The Taxable Amount is the correct amount but the Tax Basis is not - and this is the amount that the GST is being worked out on.

I don't know how to get rid of the Tax Basis Amount?

I have been on the tech help line for 1.5 hours this morning and they hung up on one of the many times when they asked me to hold. I think they thought it was too hard. I emailed them to ask them to call me back as I had to email various things to them and they never did call me back - four hours later!

Thanks so much for your help!

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi Connockity 

Open that item from Inventory>>Items list or by clicking on the blue zoom arrow next to the Item number in that sale transaction.

In the Selling details tab check what has been selected in the Calculate Sales Tax on field. If Base Selling price or a Level is selected tax will be calculated on the Base Selling Price/Level. This is where the Tax Basis figure comes from in the Tax Information window.

If you want GST to calculate on the invoiced amount you need to select Actual selling price in the Calculate Sales Tax on field.

Please let me know if you need further help.