Forum Discussion

5 years ago
Solved

STP Summary of Payments not Matching Payroll Activity Report

Hi,

We have been using STP for the whole year. When it comes to EOFY reporting we found that some of the employee's Summary of Payments are not matching the Payroll Activiy Report while if I do the 'old way' 'Prepare Payment Summaries',there is no issues and the figures matches perfectly.

Can anyone shed a light in regards where to look into the issue?

Thanks.

• Hi M2Corporate1 

Thanks for your post, I hope you find the forum useful and informative. For your inquiry I recommend doing a $0 payrun.  This will provide the YTD information that gets reported to the ATO.  If that doesn't result in the numbers you're looking for we can proceed from there. 

Let me know how it goes, if this solves your question please mark "Accept as Solution" so other users can find the post easier.  Keep me posted!

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi M2Corporate1 

Thanks for your post, I hope you find the forum useful and informative. For your inquiry I recommend doing a $0 payrun.  This will provide the YTD information that gets reported to the ATO.  If that doesn't result in the numbers you're looking for we can proceed from there. 

Let me know how it goes, if this solves your question please mark "Accept as Solution" so other users can find the post easier.  Keep me posted!

Andrew11
      Partner

Hi

I've done a zero payrun but my EOFY Report still doesn't agree with my activity summary & payroll register summary (they agree).  The EOFY include amounts for employees who've had no payments this financial year.  They have not been terminated previously as they are casual and may work again.  I've since terminated them with a pre 1/7/18 date & then run a zero payroll but it hasn't fixed the problem.  Furthermore, the EOFY Report has a lower Gross Wages but larger PAYG Withheld figure than the activity summary and payroll register.

M2Corporate1
      User

Hi Theresa,

Just to double check with the $0 Payrun. Do I enter everything as $0 and process the payrun, file the report (not to positive and negative out any accounts)? Does this need to be precessed in the particular payrun or I can just record in any pay period of the financial year? Will this $0 payrun overide what has been reported previously (dont want that happen)

Thanks for your help!

Maxine_BC
        Former Staff

Good morning M2Corporate1,

Yes that is correct, so your total amount for the payrun should be $0. Basically the ATO will update their information based on the most recent report sent. By doing a $0 pay run, this should update all figures for the financial year and make sure that everything has been reported.

You are able to send this $0 in any pay period during this financial year and the numbers will be updated for the ATO.

I hope this helps to clear things up for you.

SAM_Vet
    Experienced Cover User

I have found 1 difference is the STP values exclude allowances, so it seems a manual reconciliation for each employee needs to be done.  It would be good if the STP values showed the allowance exclusion? Or if MYOB had a report or way to quickly list the allowances to facilitate this reconciliation (the only way I know how to find it is to run a detailed payroll register for the year and dig it out for each employee).

Regarding the zero payrun, I have recently run one and am waiting for the ATO to accept to see if other differences have miraculously disappeared.  Will let you know the results.

SAM_Vet
    Experienced Cover User

I have run the zero pay runs and that has helped.

However, for over 1/2 of our employees (approx 25), the gross pay is off by a few cents to about a dollar?  Why?

And one employee is missing altogether from the STP data?  And yet I have never received an exception report of any type from STP and there are no exceptions when I "Check Payroll Details"in the Payroll Reporting module,.

I have run the old Payment Summaries module, and that has worked well.

Can we go ahead and report under the old emp dupe file system?

Theresa_D
      Former Staff

Hi SAM_Vet 

If you have been using STP to report to the ATO, then the information should be sent that way.  If you weren't reporting through STP then you can complete the payment summaries and EMPDUPE as in previous years.  For additional information on EOFY see the EOFY video webpage for clarity.  

For your missing employee make sure their card is active and they do not have a termination date entered. You can complete the $0 payrun to pull their information across once its active. 

Can you clarify what you mean by the gross pay being off? Are you comparing figures and the difference is showing up between reports? Can you send a screenshot to clarify what you're looking at? 

Andrew11  I think you'll find the post Payroll Activity Summary vs Payroll Register Summary Report to be useful.  If you're still having issues with your figures let me know. 

I hope this helps.  Keep me posted on how you're going with this. 

SAM_Vet
        Experienced Cover User

The missing employee was remedied by changing their Employment Type from "Other" to Part-time (the employee was/is active and did not have a termination date).  It is surprising that this employee was not reported on the STP all year and yet no flag or exception was noted/reported.*

The YTD Activity Summary matched the YTD Payroll Register Summary Report without exception. The STP Gross Pay "was off", meaning that the Gross pay per employee per the YTD Activity Summary (after deducting a laundry allowance and salary Sacrifice super**) did not agree to the STP report for two thirds of employees; however, the variance was generally less than 50 cents, always less than $1.00.  

* Myob should have a control total on the number of employee records, and perhaps the collective gross pay, per the Activity Summary as compared to what is sent via the STP report.  Discrepencies should be immediately flagged.  The year-end finalising process would have been much less stressful without these unexpected surprises!

**Myob should provide a reconciliation report which would provide for each employee - Gross Wages, less allowances, less salary Sacrifice super to arrive at a gross taxable pay  per the STP report.