Forum Discussion

cramptons
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago

STP2

With the deadline fast approaching - could someone please tell me if we still have to put our file online in order to do this with MYOB.   Do we just have to go online to lodge the STP? - or do we have to be online permanently, which we do not want to do.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi cramptons 

AccountRight company files must be online to report STP Phase 2, this is due to the way the STP reporting centre needs to connect to the ATO. Pay runs can still be processed in the desktop version, however, the STP reporting centre will now open in a browser.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

cramptons
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Tracey,

My query is about putting our company file online.

ATM we have the file in the desktop Library. On my computer the SE, and on the other 4 users as PC version ( with limited access- no financials, payroll etc).

If the file is transferred online, does any of this change??

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi cramptons 

When a company file is online it is stored on MYOB servers. The difference between how you are working now and the file being online is:

• you'll be able to access online features, including STP Phase 2
        • you can access the file through a web browser and the desktop application

I'll give you some Help Articles with detailed information:

Working online

Put your company file online

Access a company file in a browser

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.