Forum Discussion

5 years ago
Solved

super liability on Balance Sheet

I have just started using the pay super facility in MYOB. Why does the liabilty still appear on the balance sheet after the payment has been made??
In the past i just made the payment from my bank account and posted against the superannuation liability on the balance sheet clearing the super debt once payment is made.

• joebit1 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

Open up the Find Transaction window for your Superannuation payable Liability account, and you should be able to see the allocation of the super and the payment of the super.

Also remember that even after you have paid the super, there could still be amounts in the super account that are for pays of a newer date than those paid. For example if you have paid September Super and are looking at the account now in November there should also be all the super amounts allocated in October nad early November in the account.

super 

If you can't see the payments showing then something in the Pay Superannuation setup must be wrong.

Start by checking the linked accounts are all correct.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    GDay53
    Ultimate Partner

joebit1 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

Open up the Find Transaction window for your Superannuation payable Liability account, and you should be able to see the allocation of the super and the payment of the super.

Also remember that even after you have paid the super, there could still be amounts in the super account that are for pays of a newer date than those paid. For example if you have paid September Super and are looking at the account now in November there should also be all the super amounts allocated in October nad early November in the account.

super 

If you can't see the payments showing then something in the Pay Superannuation setup must be wrong.

Start by checking the linked accounts are all correct.

joebit1
      User

Thanks for the expaination and yes i found the payment in the liabilities account. I wasn't looking at the date the payment was made. I used to previously back date the payment in my books so the balance showed nil after each months super payment

regards

Joe