Forum Discussion

Eliane
Trusted Cover User
4 days ago
Solved

Termination Payment missing from Employee's Payment Summary and Verification Report, but is included in the ATO and MYOB Payroll Reports

Employee Termination payment made on the 28th May is not showing on his Summary of Payments report, consequently this is also missing from the Verification Report, however, the ATO has this recorded, because STP was sent on the payroll date and their up to date figures reconcile with my payroll reports. Given that this payroll was in May and I do weekly payroll, this should have been updated by now. This is serious and required urgently so the company is not late to send the STP to the ATO and finalise 2024 Payroll FY.

Missing from Verification report and Payment Summary are the Unused Leave On Termination and its PAYG Withholding.

Please see attached the Payroll Advice for the 28/05/2024 showing the termination payment AND the Payment Summary missing this information, consequently so is the Verification Report.

Upon checking STP, there are two events, one includes termination and the other doesn't, they were both accepted (see attached Payroll Report 28/05/24 excl and incl). Not sure what happened there, but I feel one has cancelled the other, however, the ATO has it right their end. 

Please instruct how to fix this, as clearly future payroll events didn't update this correctly.

This is urgent, given that EOPY is tomorrow.

Thanks, Eliane

• We encountered the same issue, we ran a zero figure payroll for the terminated employee - and it resolved the issue. 

2 Replies

• We encountered the same issue, we ran a zero figure payroll for the terminated employee - and it resolved the issue. 

Eliane
      Trusted Cover User

Hi Bec, thanks, I will try that and see if fixes it.