Forum Discussion

Mathilda
Trusted User
2 years ago
Solved

Time-In-Lieu

Good morning

This is the first time I'm dealing with time-in-lieu so I have followed the MYOB instructions, but I need help please.  On the instructions it says that if the employee works some overtime that will be paid as time-in-lieu, to put the hours in the "TIL earned", and then the same hours will appear in the TIL accrual.  (File with instructions I used uploaded) Now on the example, it has the hours in and zero amount which is good, but if I put hours in mine, it calculates a rate (which I don't want because I don't want to pay it now, but I only want to record it so that it can show as accrued).  I tried looking at the place where I created the payrol category but can't find my mistake. 

In order to get this employee's pay done and payslip sent, in the mean time I have just manually entered his TIL hours in the TIL accrual field and nothing in the TIL earned, otherwise he will not get paid in time (he won't be very happy haha).  Please let me know how to go about doing this ... thanks in advance. 

• Hi Mathilda 

Thanks for your post. If you have a rate calculating it indicates the payroll categories haven't been set up correctly.

Go to Payroll categories>>Wages tab>>open Time in Lieu - Earned, the Pay rate should be Fixed Hourly rate of $0.00:

Then go to Payroll categories>>Entitlements tab>>open Time in Lieu Accrual, the Calculation Basis should be Equals 100% of Time in Lieu - Earned:

Let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Mathilda 

Thanks for your post. If you have a rate calculating it indicates the payroll categories haven't been set up correctly.

Go to Payroll categories>>Wages tab>>open Time in Lieu - Earned, the Pay rate should be Fixed Hourly rate of $0.00:

Then go to Payroll categories>>Entitlements tab>>open Time in Lieu Accrual, the Calculation Basis should be Equals 100% of Time in Lieu - Earned:

Let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Mathilda
      Trusted User

Hi Tracey_H 

I have fixed up the payroll categories now (after I've done the payrun today unfortunately).  Just wondering how to get the TIL accrual balance off his card as I have paid him for them this week.  This is what his new payslip looks like now.  He shouldn't have anything left.  Is it still correct if it shows on YTD.

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi Mathilda 

You can clear the accrual balance by recording an adjustment pay. Zero out all other amounts/hours and enter the accrual hours as a negative against the entitlement payroll category.

Adjusting leave entitlements

Please let me know if you need further help.