Forum Discussion

LMCob
Experienced User
3 years ago
Solved

Travel Allowance not showing in this period on STP report, but is in YTD period

Hi there   I have processed a travel allowance in a current payroll.   The STP report to the ATO doesn't show the allowance in the 'this period' section of the report ie: the current payroll.   ...
    Tracey_H
    3 years ago

LMCob 

Hi Lisa

With STP it's the YTD amounts that are important as these are the amounts that the ATO take from the reports and push through to our myGov accounts. So if you're reconciling STP when processing each payrun you do need to reconcile the YTD amounts, not the pay period amounts.

If you're checking the current payrun has been recorded correctly I'd suggest using the AccountRight payroll reports. This will allow you to check that the correct allowance payroll categories have been used. The STP reports filter by the ATO reporting category assigned to the payroll category so as long as you don't make any changes to the payroll category it should always report correctly through STP. 

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.