Forum Discussion

DebWright
Contributing Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Unable to change the payment method 'pay from account' on wage transactions

Hi Celia_B  Good Day! This is in regard to the issue that I posted last time and I would like to seek for your help and assistance.  I've been trying to change the Pay from account from Electro...
    Julie_A_C
    2 years ago

hi DebWright Celia_B 

If you can not edit the transaction due to the super being paid for these people it is BECAUSE you have used the pay liability window to process them and not as suggested with a spend money or general journal.

The easiest way to maybe do what you want is to record an entry for each person. So for J Ormsby enter a spend money transaction dated 5/4/23, tick electronic payment , make the amount NEGATIVE $1,820.00 and allocate to the cash at bank account.

Then go to prepare electronic payments, tick the negative amount and positive amount, with the pay from account being the cash at bank.  okay the warning you get regarding a negative disbursement.

Click bank file and cancel out when it wants to save the file after it says it will record the transaction.

You should then see the amount disappear from the prepare electronic payment screen and then it will appear in your bank rec to reconcile.

Do the same for the other employees.

Please let me know how you go with it.