Forum Discussion

Tracey_H
Former Staff
5 years ago

Unable to process payroll for July 2020

Hi everyone

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: 01/07/2020 - Clients will be able to process their pays from 10am EST today

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There has been some confusion around processing pays for July 2020 in AccountRight 2020.2. I hope this clarifies it but if you do need help please don't hesitate to start a new post.

In AccountRight 2020.2 rolling over the payroll year and uploading the new tax tables is done automatically by the software at the start of the new financial year. As such, you won't be able to process pays with a July payment date until 1st July, when that roll over process will have occurred.

When trying to process a pay run with a payment date in July and the system date is June, you will receive the error message You can only enter pays for the current or previous financial year. This is because the system has not rolled over to the new payroll year, ie 2020-21.

This error message is NOT referring to the financial year in your company file (Setup>>Company Information) so please do NOT close your financial year. We do recommend that users always check with their accountants prior to closing the financial year.

The message is an intentional change in the process, as the system does not allow for pays to be processed in a future payroll year. However, we do understand the wording may cause some confusion and we do apologise for that.

• Hi Everyone

Thank you for your comments and patience in relation to this enquiry. We have shared these with our product teams to look at making potential changes for future payroll years.

AccountRight 2020.2 will now allow pays to be processed for the 2020-21 payroll year (was from 10 AM AST - 01/07/2020).

Clients have also experienced a negative leave message when processing their first pays in the new year with AccountRight 2020.2. More information on this topic can be found on Leave entitlement warning message when processing pays in AccountRight 2020.2

As this situation has been resolved we have locked the comments on this thread. Should you have an enquiry relating to processing pays in AccountRight 2020.2 or another enquiry we do recommend starting a new post on this Community Forum.

248 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
      Steven_M
      Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your patience and understanding at this time.

Pay runs dated today (01/07/2020) will be able to be run from 10am (EST), as the date limitation is being based on UTC time.

More information and updates will be available via Processing pays in the new payroll year 01/07/2020

Tomako
        Experienced Cover User

This needs to be fixed for next year. Quite ridiculous.

Mike88
      User

MYOB advises 2020-2021 pays can be processed after 10AM today.

It's like being back in the 1980's

I wonder if any class action law firms use MYOB to pay their employees?

• Thanks for the info but you need to fix this before next EOFY as this has been ridiculous, can’t start payroll day early ie 30/6, started early this morning only to find out I have to wait till 10am. Not at all practical!

• Not good enough our pays a always set in advance and at 10am,  the staff will be asking where their pays are

YasminG1
      Valued User

Unfortunately MYOB has removed the Payroll rollover and the program does it itself.

Rollover to occur at about 10am today... So you should be able to do it then.

Haire
      Experienced Cover User

I don't think the MYOB team are actually using MYOB.

This is insane to have to wait to process wages.

For the past 20 years, we have always been able to separate a financial year and a payroll year. I can't see why we can't continue to do that.

I couldn't beleive we had to wait until the 1 July 2020 to enter wages (our pay week finished before the months end)

• It is now 1 July and l am still getting the same error message.

My version is 2020.2.2.

The pay is due today.

What do l do?

Jenn
        Contributing Cover User

Watch MYOB crash at 10am :smileymad:

SDuddy
    Experienced User

This is terrible.  I am also one of those people who specifically came in early to do payroll because I have EOM procedures that need to be run today.  

In all the other posts from MYOB moderators, the time issue was never mentioned - WHY?

And more importantly, what are MYOB going to do to fix this debacle for next year, besides offering "sincere apologies"?

• I can't believe this we are in Perth and have to do our pays before 10:00am PERTH time for the bank to do the transfer.  This is totally not fair.

Chellie2
      Experienced User

We are in perth and i have just processed my payroll no problems.  Leave balances are ok also.  

Dawn09
        Experienced Cover User

Have you already finalised your STP with the ATO and did any of your employee's have a leave day in this weeks wages?

YasminG1
      Valued User

Better check as everyone as lost Leave entitlements!  So actually not working!

SNPPL
    Contributing Cover User

Has anyone experienced Salary Sacrifice amounts not reducing gross wages when trying to finalise STP for FY2020?

Tanialmm
      Experienced Cover User

Hi there,

It didn't reduce the 'Gross Payments' amount, however it is noted as a Reportable Employer Super Contribution and this is deducted from the Gross Payments and so the 'Total Gross Payments' amount is less the Salary Sacirficed amount.