Forum Discussion

ShelleyHilan
Experienced User
5 months ago

Updating Tax File declaration details

One of our employees put the wrong tax file details in his onboarding and wants to change them.  Normally, I would have them fill out a new TFN declaration form, however we are trying to do everything through the onboarding system.  I sent out the "Update Information" link, however he says it doesn't include a "Tax" tab.

Myob support shows that it does (see attached), however I can confirm, it definitely doesn't.  I sent one to myself.  What do we do?

Shelley

7 Replies

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi ShelleyHilan

Thank you for sharing your concern on the forum, and for providing the screenshot in your post.

I understand that you're encountering some issues with modifying the TFN on the onboarding form. Based on my knowledge, the form should indeed allow for the TFN to be altered. To assist us in investigating this matter further, could you please provide a full window screenshot of the onboarding form you're receiving?

We eagerly await your response.

Thanks,
    Genreve

ShelleyHilan
      Experienced User

Hi Genreve_S,

Just to clarify, before I go through this step all over again, that this is not the initial "onboarding".  This is for existing employees when you want them to check and update details, or in this case, the employee realised he put incorrect details and wanted to re-submit his TFN Declaration form.

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi ShelleyHilan

Thanks for reaching out and for providing clarity on your question.

If the task at hand is simply to correct an employee's Tax File Number (TFN), the best course of action would be to manually edit the details in the employee card file. You can do this by going to the Employee card > Payroll details > Taxes > Tax File number. Once you've created your first pay run for that employee in STP2, the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) will be notified of the correct tax file number.

I apologize for the misunderstanding. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you need further assistance.

Thanks,
        Genreve