Forum Discussion

4 days ago

Adding Declarer of STP

Hi, 

I am trying to add myself as an addition declarer of STP. When I am at step 3, the prompt shows the following message. The saved information is from another payroll team member of our business. If I just replaced the current saved information into mine, will the system kick out another payroll person from STP declarer?

And I don't see any where that I can add my information, that's really confused.

• Hi Pat_Peng,

I understand that you might feel a bit hesitant about entering your details. No worries! You can simply add your name in step 3, remove any saved information, and then re-enter your details. Continue through the steps until you reach the final step to notify the ATO. This process won't affect the other declarer's ability to handle and report STP (Single Touch Payroll) reports to the ATO, as their information has already been declared.

Feel free to get in touch if you need more help.

Cheers,

Princess

5 Replies

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Pat_Peng,

Thanks for your question with the declarer in your STP. When you replace the current saved information with your own while adding yourself as an additional STP declarer, you will not remove another payroll person from being an STP declarer, this definitely mean that they can report pay runs through STP. For additional info, please check out this Help article: 

Add a declarer for Single Touch Payroll reporting.

Feel free to get in touch if you need more help.

Cheers,

Princess

• Thank you for your reply.

Does it mean that every time when we process pay run and send STP to ATO, we need to go through this STP set up again  and replace the process person's information? 

The current issue is that when I process payrun for my part, I don't have access to send STP to ATO.

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Pat_Peng,

Thanks for your response. (Sorry for the incorrect info, I've edited my first reply.)

No, you don’t need to redo the STP setup every time you process a pay run. If the current declarer has already notified the ATO, you can simply add yourself as an additional declarer without removing them. This means both of you can process pay runs without needing to go through the setup again. If the current declarer signs in and processes a pay run, they can continue recording the pay without any additional setup, and the same goes for you.

Feel free to let me know if you have other questions. 

Cheers,

Princess

Pat_Peng

Hi Princess,

I still got a bit confusion on adding myself to as an additional declarer without removing the current person information.

When I go through the steps on setting up STP for myself, step 3 is the only place that I can put my details on. However, there is already saved information for another payroll person who has already notified the ATO. If I don't remove the saved information and replace mine on this step, how do I add myself as another declarer?