Forum Discussion

5 days ago

Validating Payroll Information for STP Failed for over 70 employees

We are in STP Phase 2 and using Accountright online version.  I receive an error message "Validating Payroll information for STP failed"  when I click "Next" after finishing input all info in a payrun.  

I realise that if the pay is more than 70 employees, this will happen.  If I uncheck some employees to bring the number below 70, there will be no more error messages and allow me to continue to report to ATO and finalise the pay.

This means that I have to split the pay into two payruns. I was wondering if I can remove the limit so that I can do the pay in one go.

1 Reply

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi jennielo1,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

I see you're running into the "Validating payroll information for STP failed" error when processing payroll for more than 70 employees in AccountRight. This error suggests that there are some Phase 2 changes that haven't been completed yet.

It's good to know that splitting the pay run into two separate runs has worked for you. If you encounter this error again in your next pay period, you might want to check out this thread, which has detailed info on resolving the error.

Feel free to get in touch again if you need more help.

Cheers,

Princess