Forum Discussion

azzajk
Contributing User
5 years ago
Solved

Linked Account Cheque Payments

I just created a new MYOB Account Right Standard file and am amending the GL accounts to remain consistant with those of our other files.

I have come accross 1-1000 Cheque Account, which i can't delete as it is the linked account for 'cheque payments'  I have read in other posts that this is payroll realated and usually a result from downgrading files.  I have only just created this file however so I'm not sure how this occured.

Can you please provide steps on how to fix this?

• Hi azzajk 

In AccountRight it does require one bank account to be the linked account for cheque payments. It is the default Pay From Account when you enter a Spend Money transaction. 

While you can't remove this linking and delete this account, there is no need to. You can simply edit its account number and account name to match one of your desired bank account details. The Account Type need to remain as 'Bank'. 

I hope this helps. 

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hey azzajk 

So linked accounts are accounts that have been linked up for a specific process,
    In AccountRight Live if you go to Setup > Linked Accounts then you get a list of different linked accounts
    you can unlink accounts and link different accounts in this section here,
    However one main thing as a rule of thumb
    Take a backup before you make changes

azzajk
      Contributing User

Thanks Jumping_Jo84 

This particular link 'cheque payments' isn't available in there to change.  I have read on other posts that this is only relevant to Account Right PLUS, whereas my file is only Account Right STANDARD.   

CloverQ
        Former Staff

Hi azzajk 

In AccountRight it does require one bank account to be the linked account for cheque payments. It is the default Pay From Account when you enter a Spend Money transaction. 

While you can't remove this linking and delete this account, there is no need to. You can simply edit its account number and account name to match one of your desired bank account details. The Account Type need to remain as 'Bank'. 

I hope this helps.