Forum Discussion

Keith_W
Experienced Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

Salary Sacrifice & Total Wages (W1) for manual IAS

I understand that Salary Sacrifice amounts are to be subtracted from total wages for reporting W1 for IAS/BAS.

New in Ver 2020.2, Deductions now show as a NEGATIVE amount in Payroll Activity reports but is a POSITIVE amount when included in the W1 setup for manual IAS/BAS. So I find that the W1 amount is INCREASED by the Salary Sacrificed amount.

Am I doing something wrong??

• Hi Keith_W 

Thanks for those screenshots. The deductions should be showing as a positive amount in the Payroll Activity report so I suspect this has something to do with how you have processed those deductions in payroll. Or there has been another payroll transaction which has caused the deduction to become a negative amount in the Activity report.

This help article has the full instructions on setting up and processing salary sacrifice: 

Set up salary sacrifice 

Please let me know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Keith_W 

Thanks for your post. I've just tested this in 2020.2 and found that W1 amount was decreasing when Salary Sacrifice was selected as expected:

If you are seeing something different can you please provide screenshots of the BAS/IAS setup and the Payroll Activity summary report. Please remove sensitive information from screenshots prior to posting on the forum.

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi Keith_W 

Thanks for those screenshots. The deductions should be showing as a positive amount in the Payroll Activity report so I suspect this has something to do with how you have processed those deductions in payroll. Or there has been another payroll transaction which has caused the deduction to become a negative amount in the Activity report.

This help article has the full instructions on setting up and processing salary sacrifice: 

Set up salary sacrifice 

Please let me know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.