Forum Discussion

jlo1
Contributing User
2 years ago
Solved

Unable to reorganize the GL accounts on the Income Statement

We are currently reorganizing the GL accounts on the Income statement and have started on the income side by creating two new Headers, namely (1) Service Revenue and (2) Product Revenue and below are our issues/challenges:

• Unable to move the existing income GL accounts to the newly created Headers
  • We are only allowed to move the existing accounts to the most recently created header - Product Revenue but we are unable to move down the other accounts to Service Revenue header.

I have attached a sample file for your reference

Hoping for your assistance.

• Hi jlo1 

It's all to do with your account numbering. For example change Service Revenue to 4-1000 and Product Revenue  to 4-2000. All the Service revenue sub account must be numbered between 4-1001 and 4-1999, all Revenue sub accounts must be 4-2001 and higher.

That's the basic concept, adjust the actual numbers you use to suit intended outcome.

Regards

Gavin

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi jlo1 

Thank you for your post and for the screenshot. 

In this matter , it seems that the account numbers (4-0001) and (4-0002) are on the same level accounts with the other numbers. I'll give these Help Articles, Set up accounts, Customise your accounts list and Adding ,Editing and deleting accounts, which has detailed information you may find useful. 

Hope this will help, Please feel free to post again if you need further help in the future.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click " accept as Solution " to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

jlo1
      Contributing User

Hi Princess, May I know how to move the other accounts to a level lower than the two accounts?

Our goal is to categorize them to either Service Revenue or Product Revenue but it appears the system is not allowing us to do so. It allows us to move the accounts a level lower but it will become a sub-account to the most recent/latest header that was created which is the Product revenue account. That means, we cannot categorize the accounts that we want for the other header - Service Revenue.

Please advise. Thank you.

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi jlo1 

It's all to do with your account numbering. For example change Service Revenue to 4-1000 and Product Revenue  to 4-2000. All the Service revenue sub account must be numbered between 4-1001 and 4-1999, all Revenue sub accounts must be 4-2001 and higher.

That's the basic concept, adjust the actual numbers you use to suit intended outcome.

Regards

Gavin