Forum Discussion

annbrinck
Experienced User
7 days ago

Incorrect STP Category

Hi 

I have just realised that the Paid Parental Leave has the wrong ATO Payroll Category.  

Currently as Gross Payments, when it should be Paid Parental Leave - P.  

It only affects one employee - all the PPL has been paid out and the employee is still on maternity leave. So no upcoming pays for her. 

What is the simplest way to correct this prior to the end of the year?

Thanks

3 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi there annbrinck

Yes, you are correct! All you have to do is just change the ATO reporting category of the Paid Parental Leave. If there's a pay run that was processed incorrectly, no worries, this will not included when you send an update event. Given the fact the you were able to delete that pay run as well. In addition to that, you can create a $0 pay run for the affected employee if you don't like sending an update. Just make sure that the is for the affected payroll year. If you have further questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Doreen

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi annbrinck

To correct the ATO reporting category for Paid Parental Leave from Gross Payments to Paid Parental Leave - P, you can easily adjust this in the employee’s wage details. Simply open the wage, change the ATO reporting category, and then send an update event to ensure the correct reporting moving forward. Since there are no upcoming pays for the employee currently on maternity leave, this adjustment should be straightforward and resolve the issue promptly. If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out!

Best regards.

Doreen

annbrinck
    Experienced User

HI  

Thanks for your response.

Just to be clear - I only change the ATO reporting category through the Payroll Category List screen. 

(There is no need to do an adjusting pay moving the gross amount from one category to another).

With regards to the Update Event. I know this can be done via the STP Reporting Centre.  But currently I have an unsent report there, for a pay that was processed in error.  (I have deleted that pay in MYOB and I do not want to send this report at all). 

If I were to run update event to correct PPL category, direct from the Payroll Centre would this other report get sent through as well?

As another option, could I make the change and then run a zero pay for that employee and send a payroll report that way?

Thanks Ann