Forum Discussion

3 years ago
Solved

Superannuation for STP reporting incorrect

Some superannuation expense for various employees during the financial year had been allocated via the Employer Expenses payroll category, which does not have an ATO reporting category, therefore the YTD payroll verification report is only reporting the superannuation which was recorded via the Superannuation tab in Payroll Categories.  How do I correct this, so that the total amount of super is reported to the ATO?

• Hi Admin44 

Thanks for your post. You will need to process $0 adjustment pays to move the amounts from the incorrect superannuation category to the correct one. Zero out all other amounts and hours, enter the super amount as a negative against the incorrect expense category and a positive against the super guarantee payroll category:

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Admin44 

Thanks for your post. You will need to process $0 adjustment pays to move the amounts from the incorrect superannuation category to the correct one. Zero out all other amounts and hours, enter the super amount as a negative against the incorrect expense category and a positive against the super guarantee payroll category:

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.