Forum Discussion

Galadriel
Partner
11 months ago
Solved

STP2 incorrect ATO categories allocated

I've recently taken over an Accountright file which is STP2 compliant.  However, as part of preparing the 2023 finalisation, I checked the allocation of ATO categories to wage categories and they are wrong.  I.e. Overtime is allocated to ATO category "gross  payments" instead of "overtime" (this is just one of them).

If I update the payroll categories to reflect the correct ATO allocation, what impact will it have on pays that have already been processed and submitted to the ATO?

Any suggestions please.

• Hi Galadriel 

I had this happen. I fixed the categories and then ran a NIL pay run for those employees it impacted, submitted the event and it was fine.

Hope this works for you.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Galadriel 

I had this happen. I fixed the categories and then ran a NIL pay run for those employees it impacted, submitted the event and it was fine.

Hope this works for you.

Galadriel
      Partner

Great - that's what I was hoping but didn't want to end up having to fix a fix up!

Thank you :)

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Galadriel 

Thanks for your post. Sorry for the delay in response.

As NikkiParsons mentioned, you can change the ATO Reporting Category if it needs to be changed. Once done, please send an update or process a $0 pay run to update the ATO Reporting Category.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Doreen