Forum Discussion

KW123
Contributing Cover User
15 days ago

Negative super amount in pay liabilities

I have a negative superannuation amount showing in pay liabilities which I cannot clear. The amount of super was from wages paid to an employee over several pay periods and then paid to the super fund. There was an incorrect wage category set up which the super was calculating from. Once the error was found the  amounts were then refunded from the super fund. I created pay runs for each of the pay periods and entered the super amounts as negative figures and the pays were recorded with as zero/Void. Now these show as a negative amount in the pay liabilities window. How do I clear this?

1 Reply

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi KW123 ,

Thanks for your detailed post.

This can be quite tricky. I recommend visiting this related post and this helpful article, which you may find useful for this issue.

Negative superannuation payment.
    Checking and adjusting superannuation

If you're still having trouble finding a solution, try using our virtual assistant, MOCA. It's designed to dive deeper into issues like this. You can engage with MOCA through myob.com/support for any queries or assistance you might need. And don't worry—if MOCA can't provide the help you need, our live chat team is ready to step in and assist.

Regards,
    Earl