Forum Discussion

georgieh
Experienced Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

Negative super amount

In August, I accidentally put a negative figure in the "Employer Additional Super" field in some payslips, instead of positive. The amounts themselves don't particularly matter - it's only for me and my husband so we can make it up in future pays.

But these negative amounts obviously cannot be processed through the Pay Superannuation function. So how do I get rid of them from there? Reverse the pays? Or will this cause more problems?

Sam_R
    3 years ago

Hi georgieh,

Sorry for missing that in my first reply!

So when you're paying Super next, include these transactions with that super payment, as it will need a positive figure to record. 

Let me know if I can help any further.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sam_R
    Former Staff

Hi georgieh,

You do have a couple of options here. Yes, you can reverse those affected pay runs and re-process correctly. Because this category is an Employer Contribution, it should not have affected your net pay. Meaning your reconciliation should stay unaffected. 

Alternatively, you can put an adjustment pay run through with the same dates, and put a positive figure against that-category-ONLY (offsetting the negative), then it should allow you to clear it through Pay Liabilities/ Pay Superannuation. 

Let me know if you would like further assistance with these and I can show a step-by-step in doing an adjustment pay. 

georgieh
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Sam,

Thanks, that's really helpful. I've tried the second option and now have the two offsetting entries, however, the record button is blanked out when the amount is $0 (in both Pay Liabilities, and Pay Superannuation).

Any thoughts on that?

Thanks,

Georgie

Sam_R
        Former Staff

Hi georgieh,

Sorry for missing that in my first reply!

So when you're paying Super next, include these transactions with that super payment, as it will need a positive figure to record. 

Let me know if I can help any further.