Jazza6
Partner
12 years ago
Open

Bank Feeds: Ability to select Use Recurring

I think the Bank Feed feature is great but it has a big problem. When you go Find & Spend Money you can not select a RECURRING TRANSACTION. Therefore, you have to go out of Bank Feeds & Into Banking & Spend Money & process the transaction as we used to do it.

That means you still need to PRINT off your bank statements for data entry. I thought the idea of Bank Feeds is that you could do away with paper bank statements & process Recurring Transactions on the Bank Feed screen.

We are really not saving that much time with the Bank Feeds screen it would greatly improve productivity & stress if we could select Recurring Transactions in the Spend Money feature in Bank Feeds?

Furthermore it would mean no more paper bank statements?

Your feedback & votes would be appreciated as I am sure this affects all MYOB Users.

"Bank Feeds & Recurring Transactions"

59 Comments

• I think "recurring transactions" functionality must be incorporated into the "bank feed" functionality to obtain the full benefits.  Otherwise it falls very short.  Development team - please consdier this.

ELC-Leo
    Experienced Cover User

I agree.

Bank feeds are not saving me much time.

And I still have to reconcile against a paper copy.

Will_H
    MYOB Moderator

Hello Jazza6,

Recurring transactions have pre-defined amounts that will not match the Bank Feed amount. We don't recommended using Rules for recurring transactions that come through the bank feed.  This of course doesn't invalidate your feature request.  However I do recommend looking into the use of Allocation Rules to see if they might be appropriate for your situation. 

Please also see the FAQ about BankFeeds for more general information.