4 months ago
New

Emailing receipts

MYOB say they are listening to customers but over 20 years of asking and over 300 people asking for the option to email receipts, and still nothing.  Who cares about some new look.  We want the option to email receipts.  You can email invoices, so why not receipts.

16 Comments

anapod
    Experienced Cover User

I would be great to be able to email receipts to customers. For the price we now pay for MYOB some of the simple but necessary options still not available 

Hannah_V
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, anapod. Thank you for your feedback and suggestion regarding the ability to email receipts to customers. We understand the importance of having such a feature available.

Your input is valuable to us as we strive to enhance our products and services to better meet the needs of our users. If you have any further suggestions or questions, please feel free to let us know. We're here to assist you.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

Best regards,

Hannah

H-TS
      Trusted User

We understand the importance of having such a feature available. Your input is valuable to us as we strive to enhance our products and services to better meet the needs of our users. 

Um. No. That's a straight up lie. We were promised it was about to be implemented a few years ago and then MYOB backflipped and changed their minds.

MBLegADL
      Experienced Cover User

That is straight up not true. You are not enhancing, not striving, you have been treading water for years.  You ignored the original 34 pages of requests for this feature - told us it was coming, then reneged.  Nothing that comes out of MYOB is believable.  For the last three years there has been a fault in electronic payments that no longer retain sort order - three years you have been saying you will fix it and tried to direct to the woeful web version - but same fault is on the web version as well.  I just glad I'll retire in the next couple of years and not have to use this degenerating product anymore - you have ruined it

MBLegADL
      Experienced Cover User

The only option you have at the moment is to print to pdf and email the pdf.  Becomes a real fun task when you have a membership base and have to email hundreds - that is my cursing at MYOB time..

HDG
    Experienced Cover User

Totally agree. I don't think it's a difficult fix. Stop focusing on bull**bleep** and actually fix what customers want and need. 

• I totally agree, we have been waiting for years for this update.

Maybe we all change to xero.

I know out of my day it wastes at least an hour to save to pdf and then attach it should be an easier solution that can be fixed with a click of a button.

Come on MYOB get your act together.

• Relevant questions to everyday problems that get brush-off answers from MYOB is one of the issues that's making me actively research alternative software. 

MBLegADL
      Experienced Cover User

Go to Xero -you will find that many MYOB users have shifted.. I'm just too old to be bothered learning a new one and all my peers much prefer Xero - not perfect but are at least responsive.

H-TS
        Trusted User

Just make sure you test xero fully too. Several features I took for granted in MYOB aren't in xero. We tested it pretty extensively and decided to stick with MYOB. Then we even looked at the bigger ERP systems like MYOB Advanced, Netsuite, Sage Intacct etc but, as frustrating as MYOB AccountRight is at times, we still decided to stick with it. There are too many seemingly insignificant little things we use every day in MYOB that are missing from even some of those bigger programs. So, if Xero does everything you need it to do, go for it, I just recommend investigating thoroughly first. And they don't have phone support - not even for sales. (Sorry, I didn't realise that was going to tag you MBLegADL until after I submitted my reply, it wasn't directed specifically at you since you said you weren't going to change.)

jenniek
    Ultimate Partner

We use an invoice layout customised to look like a receipt and it works fine.

jvaidian
      User

Hi Jenniek,were you able to get this working in Myob essentials?May i know if there is a way to change the text "invoice" to "receipt" using invoice template/flow?

H-TS
      Trusted User

Nice workaround - thank you.

MBLegADL
    Experienced Cover User

Despite being promised this for years and from 2013 I think, the feature was coming.. The thread on this topic was 34 pages long and had been going for years.  MYOB are not listening, only interested in their revenue these days - no customer service, so don't hold your breath. This is a major reason many of my peers have gone to Xero.  I've been using MYOB for 30 odd years, used to be great but wouldn't recommend to anyone these days.