Kachamakov
Cover User
11 years ago
Open

Import/Export Assistant: Timesheets - Include Activity field

Hi,

I'm importing employees' timesheets through Import and Export Assistant, but unfortunately under the Available Fields there is no Acitivity field. Thus I'm unable to import automatically this particular piece of data and after importing all the timesheets I need to manually enter Activity in every single timesheet. This is taking some additional time which otherwise can be spared for some other tasks. That's why I'll appreciate it much if this field could be included in the Availabel Fields list.

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards,

Boris Kachamakov

"Including Activity field in Timesheet import"

14 Comments

• Hi

It would greatly assist if all the fields required on the timesheet are included in the import fields.  i.e. the Activity field is not included.  This is very frustrating as the whole purpose of importing the timesheet is to save "time", and if you still need to enter this field on each time sheet for each day this can be a very lengthy process.

Regards

Rosie

• Hi Rosie,

Have you tried importing your TXT file through this?  File >> Import/Export Assistant >> Import Data >> Next >> Import: Activity Slips

Activity is included in the available fields, see below photo.

• HI Vernel,

An imported activity slip does automatically "include hours on timesheet" and therefore can not be processed through payroll. 

Regards Rosie.

• Kachamakov wrote:

Hi,

I'm importing employees' timesheets through Import and Export Assistant, but unfortunately under the Available Fields there is no Acitivity field. Thus I'm unable to import automatically this particular piece of data and after importing all the timesheets I need to manually enter Activity in every single timesheet. This is taking some additional time which otherwise can be spared for some other tasks. That's why I'll appreciate it much if this field could be included in the Availabel Fields list.

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards,

Boris Kachamakov

"Including Activity field in Timesheet import"

HI Vernel,

An imported activity slip does automatically "include hours on timesheet" and therefore can not be processed through payroll. 

Regards Rosie.