KP-ACE
Cover User
9 years ago
New

Inventory: Separate item descriptions for sales and purchases

From what I can tell, creating an inventory item that has a suitable description for both sales and purchases is not achievable.

If there was a tick box under the item details tab for:

'include item description on sales'

OR

'include item description on purchases' it would simply solve this problem.

I could then use the detailed description for sales and the profile name for purchase orders and generate my purchase orders with little effort directly from the customer sales order.

"Inventory Item Details tab, separate tick boxes for sales and purchases"

18 Comments

• This is something that most other packages (some that are also much cheaper) are able to do. ZOHO does a great job of this where you can even include an image of the item along with being able to make a copy of an item to create another (such as a different colour or size).

• Has this been actioned yet? I desparately need to have separate purchasing/sales descriptions....

Verdant
    Experienced Cover User

I agree with most of the comments above. It seems ridiculous that we go to the trouble of putting in detailed descriptions for an item in an invoice and then we can't get detailed reports from it.

My get around, is to do a Sales (Customer Detail)  and then select Description in the Show/Hide Column. It then prints a report for every single item with our personalised detailed descriptions. But then I have to do a screenshot of the report, for one item. My biggest problem here is that often one item spreads over several pages, creating a lot of work to join the report back together.  

MYOB I don't get why there is the option to select Description in the Sales (customer detail) Report) but not in the Sales (Item Detail) Report. In fact the label item Detail' is misleading, as it sure doesn't show many any detail in my reports. Surely it is just a matter of adding an extra box under the reports?