Forum Discussion

parwem
Contributing User
2 years ago
Solved

Description on new purchase form

Hello.  Is there a way to allocate a description to a particular Supplier.  For example, all my petrol purchases come from a couple of suppliers and it would be easier if I did not have to type in petrol every time I entered a new purchase for these suppliers.  Thank you

• Hi Rosemary

The only other suggestion I have is to save the purchase as a recurring transaction .

This will save the description and when you use it you will just need to complete the invoice number date and amount

Hope that solves this for you

Lisa

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

Hi

In the supplier card 

Go to buying Details tab

You can enter a payment memo there , you can also set up an expense account associated with the supplier

Hope that helps

Lisa

parwem
      Contributing User
      Picture2.pngSupplier Card photo.pngHello,

Thanks for your reply.  I do use the account number in the suppliers card, but even if I enter petrol in the payment memo, it does not come up in the description of a new purchase and I have to type it in every time.  I was hoping for a solution where I did not have to keep typing in the same thing in the description.

Regards
      Rosemary

LRBooks61
        Ultimate Cover User

Hi Rosemary

The only other suggestion I have is to save the purchase as a recurring transaction .

This will save the description and when you use it you will just need to complete the invoice number date and amount

Hope that solves this for you

Lisa