Suzi_Byrom
Contributing Cover User
3 years ago
Done

Online Payments: BPay Surcharge

Hi MYOB Team,

I can see that this has previously asked by many other users in the "MYOB Community", and whilst they have all been replied to and then "closed" for comment, this hasn't rectified nor made the problem businesses face go away.

Can we please have either:

1. the ability to automatically pass on BPAY merchant surcharge fees to clients on invoices, just like we do with MASTERCARD and VISA; and/or

2. the abilitiy to switch off BPAY as a payment option, right now it is lumped in with Mastercard and VISA.

When we were part of the pilot program this was rarely an issue for us, but since being fully rolled out, regular users now know that by selecting BPAY as their method of payment they can avoid the surcharge fees. Initially after getting stung a few times we had to decide what level of fees we're prepared to cop? As a result we'd chosen to disable the payment feature all together for all "account clients" leaving it only available for Cash Sale Invoices and only if they're less than $500 because whilst this is a great feature the costs associated are NOT!

Kind regards

Suzi

123 Comments

• Sorry you cannot all see it  but I guess the good news is that it is hopefully coming soon !!!

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi everyone! 

I understand the screenshot about the change might be a bit confusing. The reason there wasn't an announcement is that this is an early access feature. It's only available to a small group of users right now so we can test it out before rolling it out to everyone. I hope this clears things up.

If you have any other concerns, feel free to post again in the forum. Have a wonderful day!

Thanks,
    Genreve

mscheurer
      Experienced User

You’d think that the people that had been asking for it would get early access but no…

Suzi_Byrom
        Contributing Cover User

Yes, it would have been nice ... but I'm glad to see that they're actually working on it :)

fran99

Thanks for your reply Genreve.  It would be helpful to a lot of users if either, the "Accept BPay" option is in the Online Payments settings section so we can turn it off entirely rather than in individual invoices.  Or at the very least, if it is to be in each new invoice, for the toggle to be in the Opt in default position, ie do not accept BPay unless the user wishes to be surcharged without having the ability to pass it on.

Then the update and change would be meaningful and MYOB AR Users would begin to feel like we are being listened to.  As you can see, the majority of us do NOT wish to have the BPay acceptance function without the ability to pass on the surcharge.  We have been loud and clear.

Suzi_Byrom
        Contributing Cover User

From how it reads, it sounds as though it'll be as simple as turning the toggle to off for the first invoice (when we have access to it) and our preference will then be saved for the subsequent invoices.

Providing you don't turn it on (which I'm assuming those of us on this thread never will) then you shouldn't have to touch it again.

LFW02
      Trusted Partner

I certainly hope the "testing" is done far quicker than than the issue even being addressed

What is the trimeline for the feature being available please Genreve

AmandaCL
        MYOB Moderator

Hey LFW02

*Edited 30/07 with new information below in bold

The ability to turn off BPAY is coming in a couple of weeks, please keep an eye out for emails & in product messaging to inform you of this change.

Cheers, Amanda. 

AmandaCL
    MYOB Moderator

Hey everyone! 

We’ve taken your feedback onboard. We are working to improve online invoice payments and provide greater control when it comes to selecting your preferred payment options. 

*Edited 30/07 with new information below in bold

The ability to turn off BPAY is coming in a couple of weeks, please keep an eye out for emails & in product messaging to inform you of this change.

Cheers, Amanda. 

H-TS
      Trusted User

2 months ago this was coming in a couple of weeks... Really hope there isn't a backflip on this like there was with the emailing receipts.

• Started a fresh FY with Xero and it’s changed my life!  Paid my last MYOB invoice today and won’t be paying another. They can go to hell. See ya MYOB, I’d say it’s been fun, but it hasn’t! 

• Hi everyone
    Just letting you know these changes are now live across AccountRight and MYOB Business. Any question feel free to respond!

H-TS
      Trusted User

aaronMYOBDo we need to do anything besides turning it on in settings, and logging out and in to our file? I tried to send a test invoice to myself after turning on the online payments and turning off the bpay settings, and I'm getting the 'invoice hasn't been sent' type message. It didn't sound like we needed to modify any templates or anything. I haven't received the invoice and it's not in sent emails list in the command centre.

• H-TSthis help article explains the steps - but there isn't anything you need to modify, other than de-select "Accept BPAY payments" in your Online Payments settings. 
        1. Update settings and save
        2. Create a new invoice (you will see BPAY option de-selected if you click on 'Edit options' on the Enter Sales page)
        3. Send the test invoice to yourself and there won't be a BPAY option on both the online invoice and PDF copy.
        Thanks!