Forum Discussion

mscheurer
Experienced User
8 months ago
Solved

Online payments mystery

Hey all, 
just wondering if I'm missing something. I get online payments coming into my bank account that don't match up to anything in my invoices. Where do I look up which invoices these payments belong to?

"Direct Credit 207653 MYOB PAYBY MYOB010004" doesn't tell me which invoice this payment is for, since the service fees are included in the trasnfers they don't match any of the amounts due...

Why are the invoice numbers not included in these descriptions?

Frustrating, it creates so much more work for the end user.

Durkin
    8 months ago

Just to be certain and sorry if I've completely misunderstood your query...

For MYOB Business Lite Go To:

Click top right (your File Name)> Select Sales Settings (third one down)> Click Payments> Down the bottom click Edit Preferences> Top Left Click Transaction Details next to MYOB logo.

This will list all the settlements with the number from the bank feed under the Transaction description column.

Nevertheless, it should receipt the invoice automatically.  You just need to match the payment in bank feeds.

***The credit card surcharging account should be set to an income account, not the main bank account.

E.g. 8-1010 Invoice Surchaging

Cheers and all the best.

12 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • I too have the same issue and no reply from MYOB.

even my book keeper cant work it out.

janeen

mscheurer
      Experienced User

Hopefully someone will respond with an answer here.

Durkin
    Contributing User

Hi mscheurer

For MYOB AccountRight (sorry, not versed in essentials)

Go to Sales> Online Payments> Transaction Details (top left next to myob logo "image attached")

This will give you a summary of your settlements and also monthly and FY statements.

These should allocate automatically, so you might want to check your settings and ensure that a surcharge income account is selected.

Hope that solves your query.

Cheers

mscheurer
      Experienced User

I'm on Business Lite, there is no Online Payments in the Sales menu.

Durkin
      Contributing User

Follow up:

For MYOB Business Go To:

Click top right (File Name)> Select Sales Settings> Down the bottom click Edit Preferences> Top Left Transaction Details

Durkin
        Contributing User

Sorry correction... Select Sales Settings> Payments>  Down the bottom click Edit Preferences>