donkeybrothers
Contributing Partner
12 years ago
Open

Sales: Send the same invoice to multiple customers

I help run a sporting club. I want a way to send a copy of the same fee invoice to all of the club members.

I currently use Recurring Sales but this is a bit cumbersome as I have to copy the sale to each customer, then when I edit it for next year, I have to edit all of them again. It's a bit difficult with 100-plus members.

I’d really love to just have one template that I could email to a bunch of people.

I'm sure other people would also like this functionality. I hope they vote for this idea.

"Send invoice to many"

31 Comments

jenniek
    Ultimate Partner

I don't believe it to be inappropriate - as soon as the API is working for 2011/2012 - I'm sure that this addon will work in these versions as well - maybe not a solution for now - but definately in the future.

TonyLane
    Ultimate Cover User

Hi Jenny,

The earlier comments made are relative to AR2011/2012; so your comment appears inappropriate.

Thank you.

TonyLane
    Ultimate Cover User

I'm in total agreement with the comments posted by Julie (MummaMia).

One such organisation using MYOB with over 500 members, deal with membership subscription renewals using an MS Word Mail Merge template to invoice those renewals to its members.  They do this because it is more efficient for them than to use a recurring/template invoice over 500 times to get the job done; thus taking less than a day to do rather than several days.

Members (Customer) details are exported from MYOB to perform the Mail Merge.  When subscription payments are received they are recorded in MYOB as receive money using a recurring 'Receive Money' transaction.

It would be great if the functionality was available in MYOB to efficiently account for everything within such organisations.

• There are numerous clubs out there who use MYOB for which this could be beneficial but as to the logistics of it I'm unsure.

You may not be using the best system at present to do the membership invoice.  I would have one recurring/template invoice for membership and use that for all members. 

I would print a listing of all active club members to have as your guide and then you call up the invoice template, record for member A, then call it up and record for member B etc etc. 

The only thing needing altering (assuming the recurring invoice is set to save changes) is the first invoice which I assume would have a description 'Membership fees for 2013" and the customer that is being invoiced.