SimonNZ
Experienced User
12 years ago
Open

Statements: Add option to preview before printing/emailing

Idea Name: Add Preview option to Print/Email Statements Screen

Idea Text: Please add a Preview option to the Print/Email Statements screen, so that I can view a statement on the computer without printing it

"Add preview option to the print/email statements screen"

32 Comments

• I want to be able to save the monthly statements as a pdf so I can email them, like I can with invoices.

Currently I have to print them, then scan them, then change the file name, then I can send them by email.

I have communicated with the online chat help and they confirmed that it can't be done in MYOB and I would need a third party program to be able to save the statements to a pdf straight from MYOB.

It would be so much quicker and easier if I could Send to Disk and name the file, as I can already do with the invoices. 

Perhaps there could be a Send to Disk button at the end of each customer name so the individual statements could be saved separately?

Liam_M
      Former Staff

Thanks for sharing the excellent work around Bellejayne.  A third party PDF printer like CutePDF would certainly allow you to save a PDF copy of statements in the meantime.

Kelly81
      Experienced Cover User

CutePDF is a very good tool. I use it lots

Bellejayne
      Contributing Cover User

Hello,

I imagine this would be very frustrating. I have downloaded cutePDF writer programe that would solve this problem for you. I got this off the website...

"CutePDF Writer allows you to save documents to your hard drive as a pdf. CutePDF works just like having a printer connected to your computer: From your “Print” dialog box, select “CutePDF Writer” instead of your usual printer, and a .pdf file will be saved in the folder you choose." this is where you could rename the documants in dividually and would be much easier than the process you use at the moment. To download this, go to http://www.downuload.com/cutepdf-writer/?utm_source=adwords&utm_content=CutePDF-Writer&gclid=CKGO9cW0iMQCFceXvQod9lIAXg

Hope this help get around you problem for now!! :smileyhappy:

Emile
    Former Staff

Hi Shield-King1 

This is currently not in the program. When an Idea has been added to the program the status of it will be updated to 'Implemented'.

Shield-King1
    Experienced Cover User

So has this print preview option been actioned by MYOB yet.  I cant find it in MYOB live. 

So frustrating.

• Status changed:
    New
    to
    Open
    Thanks for the great idea SimonNZ. Being able to view the statement before it's printed or emailed could certainly help with checking data entry and data validation before submitting to your client. We would love to hear what others think about this.
    Robyn1202
    Experienced User

I would like to be able to view the statement without having to print it. So that i can just look it up quickl and see how much the payments are that have come in.

jenniek
    Ultimate Partner

Great idea - I use statements as reminders, so want to see that I am sending the right information first, so a preview is essential. I use a PDF printer at present, but it's long winded.

Fiona_Ellis
    Experienced Cover User

I agree, this would be of great benefit. At  the moment in order to preview a statement I have to either print it (waste of paper) or print it to PDF using a PDF writer which is a hassle. There is a previewer for nearly everything else, so I can't see why this request has not been actioned by MYOB.

MHS
    Experienced Cover User

This is something I would use a lot!! 

Also to be able to export to disk like you can with sales.  at the moment I email it to myself then save the attached statement (very time consuming!)