8 days ago
New

changes needed

MYOB is forcing clients to change to software, which makes it harder to do the work required.

I will list a few items that affect my clients.

1.  NO WARNING OF DUPLICATE INVOICE DEBTORS OR CREDITORS.
  2.  CAN NOT TAKE DEPOSITS ON SALES ORDERS
  3. NO BANK DEPOSIT
  4. THE SCREEN DOES NOT SHOW ALL THE INFORMATION, NO MATTER HOW LARGE YOUR MONITOR IS.
  5. NOT ABLE TO DO A REFUND FOR A CUSTOM AS ELECTRONIC PAYMENT. YOU NEED TO REFUND THE CREDIT AND THEN GO TO THE BANK AND MANUALLY ENTER THE REFUND INTO PAY ANYBODY. SO OPEN TO ERRORS.
  6. WHEN SELECTING SALES TO SHOW INVOICE OF OUTSTANDING BALANCE, IT DOES NOT SHOW IF A CUSTOMER IS IN CREDIT OR IF THEY HAVE A CREDIT AND A UNPAID INVOICE. YOU NEED TO GO TO STATUS - CREDIT - IN PROGRESS.
  7. SALES ORDERS REMAIN ONCE THEY HAVE BEEN MADE INTO A SALE. 100% OF CUSTOMERS ARE ENTERED AS A SALES ORDER WITH A DEPOSIT.
  8. WHEN POSSIBLE MATCH COMES UP IN BANK TRANSACTIONS. YOU CLICK ON MATCH TRANSACTION, AND ALL TRANSACTIONS COME UP. WHY IS IT NOT GOING TO THE POSSIBLE MATCH SUPPLIER/CUSTOMER?
  9. GLITCH IF YOU ARE ON THE CASH-ONLY SYSTEM FOR GST.                                                                A INVOICE IS CREATED FOR THE HIRE OF A ROOM SPACE. TWO ENTRIES ARE MADE ON THIS INVOICE. ONE FOR THE HIRE THAT GOES TO SALE, AND THE OTHER ENTRY IS TO A LIABILITY ACCOUNT FOR BONDS HELD WITH NO TAX. THIS BOND IS TO BE REFUNDED ONCE THE HIRE IS FINISHED. WHEN ALLOCATING, THE RECEIPT ADJUSTES THE AMOUNT IN THE BONDS HELD. THE AMOUNT IN THIS ACCOUNT SHOULD NOT CHANGE IN ANY WAY.
  10. WHEN PAYING A SUPPLIER, IT DOES NOT TELL YOU THAT THEY HAVE A UNALLOCED CREDIT.
  11. NOT ABLE TO COMBINE DUPLICATE CARDS OR ACCOUNT NUMBERS.
  12. RECURRING INVOICES DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY EMAIL ON THE DUE DATE.

I COULD GO ON, BUT I HAVE TO TRY AND WORK AROUND ALL THE MESS TO GET A CORRECT SET OF BOOKS.

WE SHOULD BE CHARGING MYOB FOR OUR EXTRA TIME BECAUSE THE SYSTEM DOES NOT WORK CORRECTLY.

3 Comments

• It's a bit excessive when the subscription increases by $50 per month for some of my clients.

MYOB informed me I could do the same with Business as in MYOB AR. and more.

I have been using MYOB since 1992 when it was only available on MAC. I have gone through many changes over the past 32 years, and I know a lot of ways to get around things. This would be the worst experience I have gone through with MYOB. You should be able to perform essential functions in MYOB Business. I have never had as many problems or need to speak to support as much as I have in the last two months. A few of my customers have returned to MYOB AR. and paid the extra. If MYOB are going to force customers to upgrade, they need to make sure they have the essential functions, as I have listed above.

MYOB Bussiness is an excellent basic Sole Trader system that only invoices and pays bills.

The most disappointing thing about all of this is that you put in ideas/requests that are needed, and two years later, they are still unavailable.

Robyn111
    Experienced User

I believe that MYOB is not ran by Finance minded people.  I don't like the fact they have changed Account to be Category and Chart of Accounts to be Categories.  

We do not use the online version as it is inferior to the downloaded product.

If it was easy for us we would not be using MYOB however never say never!

Regards

Robyn

• Hi colleenWatson 

Bugs aside - there are many on both Business products and browser based Accountright.

It is naive for customers to expect the same features from a $141 per month product in a $31 per month product - it just isn't going to happen.

MYOB are deliberately excluding some AccountRight features from Business subscription under the 'you get what you pay for' business model.

I whole heartedly agree that MYOB should be more transparent about what features you DON'T get with Business when you downgrade from AccountRight - such as many of those listed above. Many downgrade, eventually realise Business doesn't work for their needs, but then cannot go back to AccountRight as there is no migration from Business To AccountRight. Client needs to start a new file in AccountRight.

Regards

Gavin