Nolie265
Contributing User
31 days ago
New

Quantities - report please

Old 38 plus year old Banklink still superior to MYOB (Connected ledger) in many ways. The (then) CEO of MYOB said some many years ago that he was going to try to model MYOB on Banklink. If that is happening it is happening very slowly. The bank transactions screen has a field for "Quantity". What is the use of it? You cannot print a report which includes any number you type in that box as far as  I can see. Certainly not in the general ledger. Farmers, but others also, need to keep a record of the litres for fuel purchases for the fuel rebate for their BAS return. Banklink allowed you to enter quantities and those quantity numbers printed (and added up) on the subsequent general ledger report. Also sheep numbers important for farmers. 

6 Comments

Nolie265
    Contributing User

Tis OK .After a bit of an ordeal found it. But bottom line is - Banklink still superior in many aspects.

AlanT
    Ultimate Partner

P.S. the ability to include quantities SHOULD be included in the GL report!

That is why I am voting for this.

AlanT

Nolie265
      Contributing User

No response from MYOB. Another area where Banklink superior. From Banklink I just did a month by month 12 monthly  cash flow/profit and loss reports  for a client from 2013 to 2019 ( when I was “upgraded” to MYOB Essentials or Connected Ledger -whatever they are calling it this month). Do you think that MYOB could do a similar report for me for 2020 to 2023? No such report exists. Pathetic. Just found this out.Going to have a look at Xero. If they have this report then Xero looking more attractive even though I don’t like it much.

AlanT
        Ultimate Partner

Hi Nolie265 

Not sure if you are aware of the history here, but as I recall, BankLink was developed by ex Solution 6 people after MYOB purchased Sol6.  MYOB products are no longer being developed as serious accounting products for professional accountants.  It appears that people clowning around is the public image that they prefer to convey.

AlanT
    Ultimate Partner

Hi Nolie265,

I thought this was fixed a couple of years ago!  But I just checked one of my many primary producers and it is not in the GL report?? 

However, if you run a PnL and select the Report Options, the last item on the list says Show quantities.  This will add the quantities to the PnL report.

Regards,

AlanT

AlanT
      Ultimate Partner

Hi Nolie265 

Actually now that I look at the PnL with quantities, I realise that it is not at all the answer.  Once you drill down into save Livestock Sales, the popup window shows the transactions, but not the quantity for each line, so if you are trying to reconcile back to the Stock Agent's statement, you still have to open each transaction individually.

Bummer!

AlanT