Peta60
Cover User
7 years ago
Done

Sales: Invoice line without value

There needs to be an option in invoice settings whereby the first line can be text only without having to allocate an account, tax type or amount.  Currently I have to allocate an account, tax type and zero $value to a text only line.  For example I wish to give details of the job completed and then in subsequent lines record the hours worked and materials used.  An option similar to Account Right whereby you can insert a Header line without a $value.

15 Comments

• This would be great, we often need to give our jobs a name and then separate items for invoicing underneath with corresponding costs.

Busygirlange
    Experienced Cover User

Yes, to be able to have header lines would be great.  Often I need to provide breakdowns on our invoices, such as date headers.

• We have the same issue. It doesn't look very professional sending out invoices with a zero in the first entry where there is only an address and description of work completed.

We would love a description only first line.

• i agree with this, this is exactly my problem. However my problem is in Accountright Basics. Please change.