Forum Discussion

KAD1
User
4 months ago
Solved

Create a credit for a sales invoice

I am new to AR how do I create a credit note for a sales invoice, and apply it to the related invoice...?

• Hi KAD1

Thanks for your response. 

The answer to your question will depend greatly on your preference for dates. Creating a negative invoice will have its date and applying the credit will also have its separate date. You can create a negative invoice in the previous financial year, provided you don't have any lock period in your file.

Let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

3 Replies

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi KAD1

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community Forum. 

I understand the need to learn this part of the application. Generally, a credit note will automatically be created if there are any overpayments created. This can be applied to any open invoice. Alternatively, you can create an invoice with negative values to create the credit note. 

I recommend reading through this article, Customer Returns, Credits and Refunds. This will provide all the information you need to process this. 

Let us know if you require any other assistance. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

KAD1
      User

I have 3 invoices from March 2023 that remain unpaid at YE June 2023.  I want to credit them as it is unlikely to that the money will be received. If I do a negative invoice can i back date it to 30/06/2023 ....? I was thinking about my invoice number allocation sequence being messed up.

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi KAD1

Thanks for your response. 

The answer to your question will depend greatly on your preference for dates. Creating a negative invoice will have its date and applying the credit will also have its separate date. You can create a negative invoice in the previous financial year, provided you don't have any lock period in your file.

Let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Thanks,
        Genreve