Forum Discussion

SB2
Contributing User
4 years ago
Solved

Applying a credit invoice to a sales Invoice

Hi,

I am trying to apply a credit invoice that I have generated to a few existing sales invoices. I can see all invoices as still outstanding when I look at the clients sales register. However, whan I go to apply this through returns & credits, apply to sale two of the Invoices I am looking for are not showing there. Can anyone please help?

Thanks 

• Hi SB2 

To apply a credit to an invoice you would go to Sales>>Sales Register>>Returns and credits>>Highlight the invoice and select Apply to Invoice. This will produce a list of open invoices for that customer that you can apply the invoice to.

Should the invoice you are wishing to apply the credit to not be listed I would make sure that invoice you wish to apply the credit to is listed as "Open" and is for the same customer card (noting some customers may have similar names).  If you use Categories* for your invoices the credit and the invoice would also need to have the same category listed on them.

*If you are unsure if you use categories, open the invoice and credit in the bottom right above the OK button does it have a Category option. If so, then you have enabled categories and these do need to be the same for both transactions (invoice and credit).

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi SB2 

To apply a credit to an invoice you would go to Sales>>Sales Register>>Returns and credits>>Highlight the invoice and select Apply to Invoice. This will produce a list of open invoices for that customer that you can apply the invoice to.

Should the invoice you are wishing to apply the credit to not be listed I would make sure that invoice you wish to apply the credit to is listed as "Open" and is for the same customer card (noting some customers may have similar names).  If you use Categories* for your invoices the credit and the invoice would also need to have the same category listed on them.

*If you are unsure if you use categories, open the invoice and credit in the bottom right above the OK button does it have a Category option. If so, then you have enabled categories and these do need to be the same for both transactions (invoice and credit).

SB2
      Contributing User

Hi Steven,

Thanks, I never realised that the category would make the difference, I have removed the categories now and was able to view and allocate the credit correctly.

Thank you for your help!!!