10 years ago
Open

Sales: Pro Forma Invoice

Hi there. I would like to see the ability to create a Pro Forma invoice. To remove the due date, let the customers know that the invoice is in lieu of a job being undertaken or goods being dispatched and change the title and layout from a regular invoice.

"Pro Forma Invoice - Essentials"

10 Comments

• Hi

Has anything been done about this feature yet? Proforma invoice in MYOB Essentials would be great

• Yes the pro forma invoice option should be available in MYOB

Alan_Liefting
    Contributing Cover User

Yes, a good idea.  It is a pretty basic bit of invoicing funtionality.

• Hi SYD_MFR

Thank you for your feedback in regards to MYOB Essentials.

MYOB Essentials naturally runs off an accrual basis in terms of accounts. So when you enter a transaction such as an invoice that transaction is going to affect the accounts i.e. Accounts Receivables and the income account at the time of recording the transaction. Certain reports and for GST purposes you can display on a cash basis and therefore show a different value when compared to the accrual report.

SYD_MFR
    Experienced User

Agreed...  I'm a bit confused as creating an invoice (with due date later) for an existing job (in progress) seems to affect your assets and few other reports... I thought it shouldn't be counted since you are on a "cash" basis? 

is this because we are creating an invoice (as opposed to a proforma?) or ?

• This would be a much better idea than using a quote as I do now.

Selby
    Experienced Cover User

Got my vote too. Suprising how much you miss this feature when moving from some different accounting software.

• Status changed:
    New
    to
    Open

Hi McKay_Tech 

Thank you for your idea in regards to Essentials and a Pro Forma Invoice.

I would encourage other users that would like to see a inclusion of a Pro Forma Invoice in MYOB Essentials to vote and comment if required for this idea.