11 years ago
Open

Setup: Exporting data

There is no option to export data which is a disaster for my business as I need users details etc for other purposes. When will the simple ability to export and control MY data be avbailable?

actsmart
    Contributing Cover User

Is it possible to export your contact list in a format where it also provides their address (i.e. not just name, number and email)?

CurtisMiller
    Contributing User

I agree with the sentiments of those who have already commented.

Not only is MYOB holding these contacts to ransom you can't even migrate the details over to other MYOB accounts should you want to. 

A complete Dead End in terms of getting info out and keeping it consistent across applications.

If I was able to migrate the contacts and even the same account setup into a new business I would definitely be using MYOB in my new business.  As I have to set it all up from scratch anyway I am now looking at Xero (who do allow you to export contacts) 

This is a really simple product enhancement and if you're interested in working with your customers rather than trapping them then I would strongly recommend this feature be made.

• Thank you very much for your feedback ALS2010 and Luke303

MYOB Essentials Accounting started as a very simple accounting product aiming for users who don't have an accounting background, it has come a long way to have all the additional features added, and still have a long way to go in the future to become even better. 

It is definitely on our developers' mind to give MYOB Essentials Accounting the import/export ability, however at this stage we do not have a time frame available. I would encourage any interested user to show your support by casting your vote here and leave comments if required, it would definitely help our developers to priorities their work. 

• MYOB must be trying to make it hard for people to export their data to a competitors accounting software solution by not having this option.  That's why I wanted to use this and well, I'm so frustrated with this software that this is not going to stop me.

• I cannot believe it would take more then 2 years to consider a valuable introduction seeing this export functionality is already in standalone MYOB software. It just does not make sense to upload information in this manner but you cannot extract it?

Melita
    Experienced Partner

As a short term fix I have found that if you export the document as a pdf and then convert from PDF to Excel using a free download program does allow you to export reports and convert them to excel.

• Status changed:
    Open
    to
    Open
    Thank you for your suggestion. Export to Excel options are available on many of the Reports in Live Accounts, adding this option to more of them is certainly something that we would be happy to consider. Please remember to vote for this idea if you would also like to see this added in.
    Melita
    Experienced Partner

Is there anyway the programers could facilitate the exporting of Purchases by PO to Excel, or purchases by Item to Excel?

Either one of these reports would provide Job Costing within Myob Essentials. At the moment they can only be exported to PDF and there is no way of sorting and totalling.