11 years ago
Done

Setup: Recurring transactions in MYOB Essentials

Good morning

Could you kindly advise if the following items are possible in LiveAccounts - or can be added to the development list?

- Can we have recurring transactions for sales, bills, spend money & receive money

Thank you

Heidi

PAM
    Experienced User

I have a client with a standing purchase order.  If would be useful if I could load in the purchase order to be saved for that client, and not have to enter it everytime I do an invoice for them .  And of course, to be able to edit it when required.  And  while I'm on that .. how about being able to put in an beginning amount for the purchase order, that gets adjusted by the purchases,  so I can see when funds are getting low.  Just a thought!

Kym__Yeoward
      Ultimate Partner

In MYOB Essentials, you can create an Expense and then  "Remember" it, to save is as a template.

If you want to have the amount of the original decreased by each purchase - this feature is not available in Essentials. If they client were to upgrade to AccountRight Live, they could raise an Item-layout Purchase Order and then enter each suppllier delivery against that order. Whilst the original purchase won't be decreased, they can check the order anytime to see what was ordered and what has been received to date.

• Is there any chance of having recurring journal entries as an option? Also, if there was a radio button to click within a journal entry to denote that a journal entry was a cash journal or not this would be great too.

Thanks,

George

Serendipity21
      Cover User

It has been some 3years since your company was asked in regards to recurring transactions. Has this been implemented yet? Or have i overlooked it?

Thanks

Steven_M
      Former Staff

Hi Blueberry

Thank you for your comments and feedback in regards to this idea. I have shared your comments with the team.

Along with commenting for an idea you can show your support by voting. To vote for an idea on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange select the + VOTE button to the left of the idea's name.

Blueberry

This is quite important function, have used Quicken and SAP and all of them has this function.  This is a very useful function.  This could help people save time and reduce human error incurred.

• Hi developers,

I'm an accountant and have seen it so many times however noone has been able to do it yet. Not xero not myob no one, yet it seems like such an easy task.

Being able to do an invoice so for my volleyball club that I do accounts for, for example I have 250 players that I need to invoice the same amount for fees each year.

So being able to create one invoice that has $100 fees for the year and then going to customer and ticking all the customers that need to be charged that invoice with it automatically changing the reference numbers etc.

This is so adaptable to so many industries and so many clients I don't understand why noone has done it yet. 

Please feel free to develop and let me know when you have complete it!

interAccounts
      Valued Partner

This would be very helpful in LiveAccounts as there is no recurring invoice feature and will simplify the bookkeeping even more than what bank feeds did.

All the businesses who run on a subscription basis will use this batch feature as their subscription is the same for a multitude of customers.  Considering that LiveAccounts was designed to help small businesses reduce the amount of time doing their bookkeeping, this feature should be high on the list to implement.

The workaround suggested is wrong as it only works for the AccountRight software - and this is the LiveAccounts forum.

It would be great to see something that helps simplifies the invoicing process in LiveAccounts

Suja_P
      Former Staff

Thank you for your feedback, MultiScreen . 

While the Lists >> Recurring Transactions window lists the transactions with the amounts, it does not give you an option to select a group of the listed transactions and record them.

In order to group them, you do need to go to the To Do List >> Recurring Transactions tab, where the amounts are not listed.

Have passed on your feedback, we hope to have this included in a future update. 

Suja_P
      Former Staff
      Status changed:
      New
      to
      Open
      Thank you for your post. I understand in circumstances such as yours it would be good if you could create a customer group to create invoices that applies to each of the cards in the group. At present the work around would be as suggested by @GDK, to save one as a recurring transaction and copy the recurring transaction to the different cards. We request others who would like this ability to please vote and comment.
  • I would like to be able to setup recurring sales transactions to some of our clients and have then automatically email the invoices to the customers email address stored in their card. This would help us immensly as we do not run MYOB on a regular basis and most of our invoices are for a fixed monthly amount.

This is a feature which I can currently only find in Xero. Hope MYOB can implement this request ASAP.

NFT

Yes Xero has it. Possible looking to migrate to Xero Accounting system.

morg
    Contributing User

Something that would save a bit of time is to be able to create expense entries automatically from an allocation rule applied to bank feeds.  Currently I can allocate a bank entry automatically to to any account code, but I still have to manually fill in an expense item if I want expense reports to work.  It would be nice if the allocation rules could be expanded to automatically create these expense entries for recurring expenses.