Forum Discussion

Bev_P
Contributing Cover User
2 years ago

BASlink setup info

Since upgrading to 2022.7.0 my BASlink setup information has disappeared. 

I have opened the File Menu in BASlink and have clicked on Setup and Links, import Setup and Links, selected file and clicked open (as mentioned in posts regarding prevoius versions). I have exited then re-opened and still no set up information shows. Any suggestions please?

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Bev_P 

If you open the setup file with notepad outside of the software, does it show the tax codes specified for the fields?  

M_Moar
      Experienced Cover User

Hi

I am having the same issue.  I can open the file in Notepad and it seems ok.

When I try to use the Import function, I am unsure what to select as the File Type (i.e. which category and subcategory).  Any advice, please?

Regards

Michelle

Bev_P
      Contributing Cover User

Hi Komal_S

Yes it does but as I needed to lodge the BAS before I took leave, I ended up just going through the whole set up process again.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Best Regards,

Bev P

Komal_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi M_Moar 

Please follow the steps given below to import the BAS setup and let me know if it doesn't work:

1. In the Accounts command centre of your upgraded company file, click Prepare BAS/IAS
        2. In the Lodge Manually tab, select the last month of any BAS period that you would normally prepare a statement for and click Prepare Statement.
          An information message appears.
        3. Click OK.
        4. If a message appears stating that a previous BASlink version has been found on your computer and asking if you want to import your setup information, click Yes.
          The Import Setup & Links window appears.
        5. If the above message does not appear:
          1. In the AccountRight BASlink window, go to the File menu, choose Setup & Links, then choose Import Setup & Links.
          2. If you're prompted to back up your activity statement, click No. The Import Setup & Links window appears.
        6. Locate your previous BASlink setup file and finish the import process.

If it doesn't work, the only workaround will be manually setting up the BAS fields again.