Forum Discussion

Kzee
User
9 months ago
Solved

Chart of Accounts - Assets

I am a student.  In setting up a business for an assignment I entered opening balances in the Chart of Accounts and then I entered a general journal entry with the opening balances from the trial balance.  Now the opening balances in Chart of Accounts - Assets have doubled.  I want to delete the set up entries but it wont all me to do it.  Please advise how to correct the balances

• Hi, Kzee 

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

We are sorry for being able to respond right away.

To edit the opening balance, kindly open the account through the Chart of accounts. To do this, go to Accounting > Select Chart of accounts > Click Edit accounts. From that window, you should be able to edit or delete the opening balance. You may also check The Help Article: Adding, editing and deleting accounts for more information. 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance with this. We are happy to assist.

Best regards,

Doreen

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, Kzee 

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

We are sorry for being able to respond right away.

To edit the opening balance, kindly open the account through the Chart of accounts. To do this, go to Accounting > Select Chart of accounts > Click Edit accounts. From that window, you should be able to edit or delete the opening balance. You may also check The Help Article: Adding, editing and deleting accounts for more information. 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance with this. We are happy to assist.

Best regards,

Doreen