Forum Discussion

Surebooks
Contributing Partner
2 years ago

How does STP 1 Payroll Reporting Centre Handle AccountRight Payroll Reversals?

A client has made 2 payroll reversals in AccountRight and sent the reversal transactions to the ATO STP1 Reporting Centre.  The reversal transactions were accepted by ATO.

In the Payroll Reporting Centre, there appears 3 transactions for each date involved in each of the reversals.

AccountRight payroll totals are correct, but with 2 pay periods yet to be added.

The client pays fortnightly and there are 2 pay periods to be processed (24+2=26).

However the ATO Payroll Reporting Centre lists 26 gross and tax amounts.  When the 2 additional pay periods are added, the Reporting Centre will be well out of balance with the AccountRight record.

How to fix, Please.

I have added a partial copy of the ATO STP 1 Payroll Reporting Centre. 

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Surebooks 

Thanks for your post. STP updates the YTD amounts each time a report is sent and each report overrides the previous one. When a payrun is reversed the STP report sends the reduced YTD amounts to the ATO. 

When reconciling payroll you need to reconcile the YTD verification report and Summary of payments reports with the AccountRight payroll reports. The number of reports in the Payroll reporting centre doesn't need to match the pay periods in the year or processed pays in AccountRight.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Surebooks
      Contributing Partner

Hi. My request was probably not quite clear.

The Accountright Payroll shows the correct number and values of actual pays.

The employee payroll section of the BAS lodgements agrees with the Accountright (above).

The problem is that the client uploaded from Accountright to the STP Payroll Reporting Centre, for the same pay period, more than once.  The total of amounts shown in the STP Payroll Reporting Centre is more than the correct totals shown in Accountright.

I hope that this makes sense.

Neil Thomas 

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Surebooks 

Hi Neil

When employees are finalised the YTD verification report and Summary of payments reports are sent to the ATO. These reports only include the YTD amounts and these figures are then prefilled into my Gov accounts. Both of these reports pull the YTD amounts from the employee card>>Pay History.

Pay run reports in the Payroll reporting centre>>Reports tab send the YTD amounts and each report overrides the previous one. The number of reports in this window don't have any impact on STP reporting.

At EOFY you need to reconcile the YTD amounts in the AccountRight reports and the YTD verification report/Summary of payments reports. If the YTD verification report/Summary of payments reports don't show the correct YTD amounts the post, AccountRight reports don't match STP reports, has detailed information to help resolve this.

The post, EOFY FAQs and Resources 2022, has links to posts and Help Articles.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.