Forum Discussion

Jess___
Contributing Cover User
2 years ago

P&L - Removing Financial Year Limitation

Hi MYOB Team, 

I'd like to put in a development request for the financial year limitation to be removed from the P&L report. I would love to be running a rolling  6 and 12-month P&L at the end of every month - this would give us a flexible visibility on our financial health at the press of a button. Currently if I want this I need to spend 30-60 minutes running two reports and combining them (with the unnecessary risk of errors).

There are many requests for this function but most of them have been closed. I'm wondering why? I'm guessing that this isn't as simple as the press of a button and might take some serious coding, and I'd like to flag that this would make a big difference to the usability of the program.

At some point we might move to xero and this would be one of the main reasons - being limited by financial year on our reports has a big impact.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi Jess___ 

Thanks for your feedback on this. There are some sales reports that can only be done for the period of the financial year, such as the Profit and Loss report.  Generally, this is because of the way in which AccountRight stores that information and what the report is trying to achieve. 

However in saying that there is a variety of other reports that do run across multiple financial years such as the Sale Register report. 

Hope that helps.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.