Forum Discussion

portclintonclub
Contributing User
5 years ago
Solved

statement text rather than payee

i have just created an account file and entered bank details , if i select 4 of the accounts i get a payee box under card , but if i select our main account i get a statement box ho do i change this to payee

• portclintonclub 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

Obviously you are new to MYOB software, and the terminology used, so just want to try and work out what you are talking about.

You have created a new Data File using the Account Right 2019.2.1 software - which version are you using?

Basics, Standard, Plus or Premier?

The first thing you have to do when you setup a new data file is to choose your financial year. NOTE if this is done wrongly it cannot be fixed and you will need to start a new file.

Make sure that the year you have choosed, assuming it is for the current year is the 2020 year ending on 30/6/2020.

You will also be asked if you want to use a Chart of Accounts supplied by MYOB, create your own or import one.

Best to use one supplied and then modify to suit. NOTE MYOB creates CONTROL ACCOUNTS that should not be changed or messed with they include all Bank and Credit Card accounts, Trade Creditors and Debtors, GST Collected and Paid, and Wages accounts.

Once the file is created you then have to setup the file to suit your use and you would now go throuth the following and set them up to suit; Tax Codes, Preferences, Chart of Accounts and Linked accounts.

Once they have all been setup correctly you then need to start entering Supplier and Customer Cards.

So what are you talking about when you say " if i select 4 of the accounts i get a payee box under card"

Are you talking about the accounts as in the Chart of Accounts or are you refering to Supplier and Customer cards?

What do you mean by a payee box and a statement box?

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    GDay53
    Ultimate Partner

portclintonclub 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

Obviously you are new to MYOB software, and the terminology used, so just want to try and work out what you are talking about.

You have created a new Data File using the Account Right 2019.2.1 software - which version are you using?

Basics, Standard, Plus or Premier?

The first thing you have to do when you setup a new data file is to choose your financial year. NOTE if this is done wrongly it cannot be fixed and you will need to start a new file.

Make sure that the year you have choosed, assuming it is for the current year is the 2020 year ending on 30/6/2020.

You will also be asked if you want to use a Chart of Accounts supplied by MYOB, create your own or import one.

Best to use one supplied and then modify to suit. NOTE MYOB creates CONTROL ACCOUNTS that should not be changed or messed with they include all Bank and Credit Card accounts, Trade Creditors and Debtors, GST Collected and Paid, and Wages accounts.

Once the file is created you then have to setup the file to suit your use and you would now go throuth the following and set them up to suit; Tax Codes, Preferences, Chart of Accounts and Linked accounts.

Once they have all been setup correctly you then need to start entering Supplier and Customer Cards.

So what are you talking about when you say " if i select 4 of the accounts i get a payee box under card"

Are you talking about the accounts as in the Chart of Accounts or are you refering to Supplier and Customer cards?

What do you mean by a payee box and a statement box?

portclintonclub
      Contributing User

hi i think the problem was just an error in the program (was thinking the electronic payment box was ticked but it wasnt) created another account and deleted the one i was having problems with and it is fine now

i am using plus software.

i dont know if i am using the program as it is intended but it works for what i need

have set year correctly 

have adjusted bank accounts to suit 

dont use credit cards so have deleted them

dont use trade creditors etc but have left them in 

have left gst stuff alone

adjusted wages (input our one paid staff member , will probable ask for help re STP later)

again thankyou for your inpuit it has helped